Sort My Events
Sort My Events (“SME”, “the Company”,”us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://www.sortmyevents.com/ website (the “Website”) and our services (the “Services”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of the information about you in compliance with the data privacy laws.
We use your data to provide and improve our Website and Services. By using the SME’s Website and Services, you agree to the collection and the use of your information in accordance with this policy.
The Information We Collect and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Website and Services that we offer.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Website or using our Services, we may ask you via email or the Website’s forms to provide us, with certain, personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Job title
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Various event details that you decide to share with us
- Usage and Cookies Data
We may also collect information on how the SME’s Website is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type and version, your Internet Service Provider, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking and Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of text data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from our website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze the use of our Website and Services.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some sections of our Website.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session (Transient) Cookies. These cookies are erased when you close your browser and do not collect information from your computer. Typically, these cookies, store information in the form of a session identification that does not personally identify the user.
- Persistent (Permanent or Stored) cookies: These cookies are stored on your hard drive until they expire (i.e. the are based on a set expiration date) or until you delete them. These cookies are used to collect identifying information about the user, such as Web surfing behavior or user preferences for a specific site.
- Security Cookies. We use various Security Cookies for security purposes.
A comprehensive list of internet cookies is available here.
Use of Data
Sort My Events uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Website and our Services
- To notify you about changes to our Wesbite and our Services
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Website and our Services
- To monitor the usage of our Website
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer and Storage of Data
Your collected information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Belgium and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Belgium and process it there.
Security of Data
We process all personal information in the strictest confidentiality and employ proper technical and organisational measures as required by applicable regulations.
We work under industry-standard encryption to protect your data in transit. This is commonly referred to as transport layer security (“TLS”) or secure socket layer (“SSL”) technology.
When making any online purchases on Sort My Events, we use trusted secure payment processors to take payment on our behalf. We do not store payment card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties unless and only if required legally.
Disclosure of Data
Sort My Events may only disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Sort My Events
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services we offer
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Website and Services or the public
- To protect against legal liability
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Website (“Service Providers”), to provide the SME Website on our behalf, to perform Website-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Website is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service. Currently we use:
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Website. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Keeping you Informed
We may contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send updates about our company, or as otherwise necessary to contact you to enforce our User Agreement, applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you. For these purposes, we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail.
Our Services does not address anyone under the age of 16 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Withdrawing Your Consent
At any point if you do not want us to process your data anymore, you can unsubscribe from our emails or contact us at [email protected] alternatively you can send us mail to the SME address given at the end of this document.
You can also contact the Data Protection Authority. The contact details are:
Data Protection Authority
Rua de la Presse, 35, 1000 Bruxelles
t:+ 32 (0) 2274 4800
f: +32 (0) 2274 4835